“Top Reasons” to Upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016
.. and NAV 2015/2016 best Features …nice Microsoft official document about “NAV 2016 Upgrade Top Reasons” below.
..another good link bout moving to NAV 2016 top reasons here:
5 Top Reasons to Move to Dynamics NAV 2016
“With the launch of Dynamics NAV 2016, Microsoft has made it more compelling for NAV users to make the move to NAV 2016.”
1. Native integration with CRM Online
It is looking bright for the management of customer engagements as NAV 2016 will be natively integrated with CRM. This means less work on integration work using clunky or third-party tools and just getting that long-awaited seamless integration between these two systems. Manage leads and opportunities in CRM, process orders in NAV and access customer data from either.
2. Work natively with Azure
Now you can just configure NAV 2016 with Azure SQL. You get all the advantages of Azure including high availability, built-in redundancy, security, and value.
3. Access from all your devices
Apart from your desktop and tablet, you will also be able to access NAV 2016 from your smartphone with native apps and support for Windows, IOS, and Android. Browser enhancements also bring improvements to performance and user productivity. Access NAV 2016 from any device from anywhere you are connected.
4. Business Workflows
Using workflows you can automate routings for approvals of business documents such as Purchase Orders that are over a defined threshold or Sales orders that have gone beyond a customer’s credit limit. Using workflows you can now define notifications that are triggered by business events that keep you on top of your business. Processes can also be automated to trigger things as basic as doing a calculation or executing an action.
From electronic invoicing to OCR, you now get powerful tools for document management.
..another good site about “Last NAV releases 2015/2016” best features below:
What’s New in MS Dynamics NAV 2015 & 2016 (Best Features)
MS Dynamics NAV is an ERP system intended to help small and medium enterprises with manufacturing, finance, supply chain and customer relationship management, ecommerce and analytics. Its latest version NAV 2015 provides significant capabilities but Microsoft is planning to offer much more in NAV 2016.
But in this article, I will primarily summarize enhancements in NAV 2015 and 2016 that introduce considerable advantages to performance and usability. Also, an emphasis will be placed on the main improvements that have been done and will be done.
It is widely known that, in old versions of Dynamics NAV, performance deteriorated while the database increased in size. Now, some performance bottlenecks are unblocked due to newly implemented three-tier architecture. So, let’s take a closer look at some of the most noticeable advantages of the 2015 and 2016 upgrades:
· In NAV 2015, improved Server and Service Tiers help to decrease the amount of traffic among SQL Server, Dynamics NAV Server and client. This enables better network performance – business logic runs only on the NAV Server tier now.
· Starting from NAV 2013 R2, WEB client has already provided better performance because most of the processes are executed by the Dynamics NAV WEB server.
· New Dynamics NAV versions have improved SQL Server performance:
- Changed cache usage: Now, Dynamics NAV Server is responsible for caching the requested data for all users; in old versions, every connection required its own cache every time.
MARS (multiple active results sets) implemented: Functions Find(‘-’), Find(‘+’), Next work faster.
Filtering on FlowFields mainly processed with a single SQL statement: Previously, filtering on FlowFields was called as an SQL statement for each filtered FlowField and for each record in the table in order to calculate the filtered FlowFields.
Added a new Object – NAV Query: It allows building queries in a single SQL command and getting read-only results which work faster than table-based data.
Usability & Other Features
The following global improvements were added:
· NAV 2015 client is available on Tablets and NAV 2016 client will be also available on mobile devices.
· Both Nav 2015 & 2016 provide excellent integration with native Business Intelligence and Office 365.
· Excel capabilities and Power BI allow you to analyze and visualize data.
· Word Templates help you create your own templates for any kind of document reports and import them to NAV.
· In NAV 2016, it will be possible to integrate with Online Dynamics CRM to extend enterprise possibilities.
· Starting from NAV 2015, you can easily schedule reports in the Report Inbox section of Role Center. For printed reports it is also possible to choose the output format of the Layout – Word, Excel or PDF.
· In NAV 2015, the Mandatory Field property was added. Now, it is easier to manage the user interface without adding a new checking code to triggers and functions. Also, it becomes user-friendly interpretation of such fields.
· In NAV 2015, Bank Data Conversion Service on Microsoft Azure enables automatic processes for electronic payments. There were prepared some template functions for the biggest banks to make Dynamics NAV flexible for export/import payments and receipts.
· In NAV 2016, workflow enhancements are expected to improve customized automation around billing, HR and Payroll, financial and other critical functions.
· And the last quite useful and important feature of NAV 2015 is the possibility to simplify the user interface in the UI Removal feature. You can delete unused fields and/or actions on the pages. And that makes pages easier to observe and navigate.
MY NAV 2016 SURVEY RESULTS
(FROM MY BLOG – BEST VOTED NAV 2016 TECHNICAL FEATURES)
… and the winners are (best 5 most voted):
Best in “Others Features”: Intellisense for C/AL
NAV 2016 Le Novità (What’s New)
You are welcome!