ABOUT NAV 2016 NAS AND REPORTS SCHEDULING
A little “how-to” post about NAV NAS Configuration and Report Scheduling, below some info, links and some screens for simple configuration.
NAV 2016 NAS
– “NAS services are a middle-tier server component that executes business logic without a user interface or user interaction. NAS services in Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server support applications such as Microsoft Office Outlook Integration and the NAV Job Queue.
– “NAS” stands for NAV Application Server, which was a component in earlier versions of Microsoft Dynamics NAV. NAS services replace the NAS component, and this requires you to modify any use of server-side COM.”
…nice posts\pages about NAS below:
NAV Help on MSDN Online
“Configuring NAS Services”
About Job Queues
How to: Set Up Job Queues
How to: Create Job Queue Categories
Video: How Do I: Implement the Job Queue Entry Pattern
“Background Posting and Job Queue in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013” by NAV Team Blog, old but nice post about background posting.
…some screens about “NAS CONFIGURATION AND SETUP”
NAS SERVER SETUP
RETRY ATTEMPS PER DAY
RUN NAS WITH ADMIN RIGHTS
“Specifies whether NAS services run operations with administrator rights instead of the rights granted to the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service account.”
- If you select this setting, NAS services will have full permissions in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, similar to the permissions that are granted by the SUPER permission set. The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service account is not required to be set up as a user in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- If you clear this setting, the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service account must be added as a user in Microsoft Dynamics NAV and assigned the permissions that are required to perform the operations.
“Specifies a string argument that will be used when NAS services start. The argument typically specifies an application type, sometimes with additional configuration information.” Example values:
Specifies the codeunit that contains the method that will be called by the NASStartupMethod setting.
0 > When NASStartupCodeunit is set to 0, NAS Services do not start. This is the default value.
1 > When NAS services start, they run the trigger specified by the NAS Startup Method in codeunit 1
450 > When NAS services start, they run codeunit 450 (Job Queue – NAS Start Up), and call the method specified by NASStartupMethod.
Specifies the method that will be called in the NASStartupCodeunit.
"" > If no start method is specified (null string), the OnRun trigger is called.
StartNAS > NAS services runs the StartNAS method in the NAS Startup Codeunit.
NB: NAV Help is incorrect for options STARTUP CODEUNIT\STARTUP METHOD
Microsoft: “The reason being change in NAV 2016, in the Codeunit 1 there no NAShandler function anymore, it has shifted to Codeunit 450. If you still define Codeunit 1, then there has to be code defined in Codeunit 1, or if you define any other codeunit then you provide it here as you know this already. This is BUG in the documentation about configuration parameters, will be fix soon.”
NAV NAS CONFIGURATION
LISTA CATEGORIE CODE PROCESSI
MOVIMENTI CODA PROCESSI
MOVIMENTI LOG CODA PROCESSI
DEFINE A NAS PROCESS QUEUE : “EX NOTIFICA”
EX: NOTIFICATION ENTRY DISPATCHER CARD
ABOUT REPORT SCHEDULING
- You can send a report in process scheduling using “ScheduleProgrammazione” option
Schedule option is available both for RDLC and Word Layout Reports
EX: LISTA CLIENTI TOP 10
REPORTS ELABORATI IN “REPORT ELABORATI”
… to open a report > “Click on link” !
…my old post about NAV 2013 NAS configuration here: