“How-To” Business Central Sandbox Environments
ABOUT BC SANDBOX ENVIRONMENTS
“The Sandbox environment feature is provided as a free preview solely for testing, development and evaluation. You will not use the Sandbox in a live operating environment. Microsoft may, in its sole discretion, change the Sandbox environment or subject it to a fee for a final, commercial version, if any, or may elect not to release one.”
WHEN YOUR (OR YOUR PROSPECT) TRIAL ENVIRONMENT IS EXPIRED!
- Your period is EXPIRED ! … Subscribe within 90 days and keep your Company data
- SOLUTION: Subscribe and buy a license or create a SANDBOX ENVIRONMENT
SANDBOX ENVIRONMENT- “FACE”
“HOW-TO” Create a NEW SANDBOX Environment
Two Types of SANDBOX for BC
- Sandbox Environment
- Sandbox Container
#1 – CREATE SANDBOX ENVIRONMENT
WAITING FOR CREATION…..
#2 – CREATE SANDBOX ENVIRONMENT CONTAINER
SANDBOX: Two typologies of Hosting
- System create a Powershell Script
Use Powershell to create SANDBOX on Local Environment
- Click on HOST in AZURE, System run AZURE PORTAL and open a new “Custom Deployment” page.
- Configure your template (select Azure subscription, Resource group, BC Docker Image, SQL Server Type, Instance Name, Licence etc.)
#1 – SANDBOX ENVIRONMENT ONCLOUD
#2 – SANDBOX ENVIRONMENT ON AZURE
“HOW-TO” RESET TO “PREMIUM” FEATURES
RESET TO “PREMIUM” IF DEFAULT IS RELOADED WITH “ESSENTIAL” CONFIGURATION
- Company Information > select PREMIUM Experience
NOW THE TWO ENVIRONVMENTS ARE CO-EXISTING
- PRODUCTION (WORKING or EXPIRED TRAIL)
“HOW-TO” COPY DATA FROM PRODUCTION TO SANDBOX
If I need to copy data from PRODUCTION to SANDOBOX
- Create New Environment from Predefines Packages (Setup, Essential, Premium data packages) > FULL ENV. REBUILD
- Export Company data to File and After Restore IT with powershell (Pw shell Export-NAVData for Azure\local SANBOX, not for Cloud)
- Use Custom Packages to export\import data (export what you need)
** remember that Backup OnCloud is managed by Microsoft **
HOW-TO RELOAD STANDARD PACKAGES (by Existing Configuration Packages) STEP by STEP
CHOOSE your package > EX: EXTENDED
- *** NOW YOU HAVE A “PREMIUM” CONFIGURATION WITH DEMO DATA ***
I can use PACKAGES to import MY DATA for PREMIUM to SANDOX ENV.
EXPORT from TRIAL > IMPORT to SANDOX
ON SANDBOX ENVIRONMENT > IMPORT PACKAGE
… AND FINALLY…. I can find the “BICYCLE”…. and Cost Shares Report….
another nice posts by Freddy here about BC Sandbox
NAV Containers o BC Sandox Containers
Note, that everything in this blog post works with NAV Containers and with Business Central Sandbox Containers. When using http://aka.ms/getnav you just specify microsoft/bcsandbox:<country> in the NAV Docker Image field and your VM will become a Business Central Sandbox environment with AAD authentication, Edit in Excel and everything.
You can also use http://aka.ms/bcsandboxext which defaults to bcsandbox containers and have a few other settings – the end result is the same: An Azure VM with everything:-)
and another about “how to create” a Business Central demo instance by kabir shenvi
How to get your free Dynamics 365 Business Central Demo Instance
THAT’S ALL ! Enjoy!
#BC #Business Central #Sandbox #MSDYN365BC