“How-To” Business Central Sandbox Environments
ABOUT BC SANDBOX ENVIRONMENTS
“The Sandbox environment feature is provided as a free preview solely for testing, development and evaluation. You will not use the Sandbox in a live operating environment. Microsoft may, in its sole discretion, change the Sandbox environment or subject it to a fee for a final, commercial version, if any, or may elect not to release one.”
WHEN YOUR (OR YOUR PROSPECT) TRIAL ENVIRONMENT IS EXPIRED!
- Your period is EXPIRED ! … Subscribe within 90 days and keep your Company data
- SOLUTION: Subscribe and buy a license or create a SANDBOX ENVIRONMENT
SANDBOX ENVIRONMENT- “FACE”
“HOW-TO” Create a NEW SANDBOX Environment
Two Types of SANDBOX for BC
- Sandbox Environment
- Sandbox Container
#1 – CREATE SANDBOX ENVIRONMENT
WAITING FOR CREATION…..
#2 – CREATE SANDBOX ENVIRONMENT CONTAINER
SANDBOX: Two typologies of Hosting
- System create a Powershell Script
Use Powershell to create SANDBOX on Local Environment
- Click on HOST in AZURE, System run AZURE PORTAL and open a new “Custom Deployment” page.
- Configure your template (select Azure subscription, Resource group, BC Docker Image, SQL Server Type, Instance Name, Licence etc.)
#1 – SANDBOX ENVIRONMENT ONCLOUD
#2 – SANDBOX ENVIRONMENT ON AZURE
“HOW-TO” RESET TO “PREMIUM” FEATURES
RESET TO “PREMIUM” IF DEFAULT IS RELOADED WITH “ESSENTIAL” CONFIGURATION
- Company Information > select PREMIUM Experience
NOW THE TWO ENVIRONVMENTS ARE CO-EXISTING
- PRODUCTION (WORKING or EXPIRED TRAIL)
“HOW-TO” COPY DATA FROM PRODUCTION TO SANDBOX
If I need to copy data from PRODUCTION to SANDOBOX
- Create New Environment from Predefines Packages (Setup, Essential, Premium data packages) > FULL ENV. REBUILD
- Export Company data to File and After Restore IT with powershell (Pw shell Export-NAVData for Azure\local SANBOX, not for Cloud)
- Use Custom Packages to export\import data (export what you need)
** remember that Backup OnCloud is managed by Microsoft **
HOW-TO RELOAD STANDARD PACKAGES (by Existing Configuration Packages) STEP by STEP
CHOOSE your package > EX: EXTENDED
- *** NOW YOU HAVE A “PREMIUM” CONFIGURATION WITH DEMO DATA ***
I can use PACKAGES to import MY DATA for PREMIUM to SANDOX ENV.
EXPORT from TRIAL > IMPORT to SANDOX
ON SANDBOX ENVIRONMENT > IMPORT PACKAGE
… AND FINALLY…. I can find the “BICYCLE”…. and Cost Shares Report….
another nice posts by Freddy here about BC Sandbox
NAV Containers o BC Sandox Containers
Note, that everything in this blog post works with NAV Containers and with Business Central Sandbox Containers. When using http://aka.ms/getnav you just specify microsoft/bcsandbox:<country> in the NAV Docker Image field and your VM will become a Business Central Sandbox environment with AAD authentication, Edit in Excel and everything.
You can also use http://aka.ms/bcsandboxext which defaults to bcsandbox containers and have a few other settings – the end result is the same: An Azure VM with everything:-)
and others nice links about “how to create” a Business Central demo instance
How to get your free Dynamics 365 Business Central Demo Instance by kabir shenvi
Install BC OnPremise Sandbox in three simple steps by Maxime Caty
THAT’S ALL! Enjoy!
#BC #Business Central #Sandbox #MSDYN365BC #BCONCLOUD #BCONPREMISE