PowerApps integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Online
#1 – POWERAPPS
What is PowerApps?
“PowerApps” is a Cloud Based and “No Code” solution offered by Office 365 platform to create web based and mobile-data-connected apps”
PowerApps is a suite of apps, services, connectors and data platform that provides a rapid application development environment to build custom apps for your business needs. Using PowerApps, you can quickly build custom business apps that connect to your business data stored either in the underlying data platform (Common Data Service for Apps) or in various online and on-premises data sources (SharePoint, Excel, Office 365, Dynamics 365, SQL Server, and so on).
The “NO CODE” Philosophy is the “DOGMA” and the base of PowerApps, using PowerApps, you can create two types of apps: Canvas and model-driven.
To create an app, you start with web.powerapps.com
- PowerApps Studio is the app designer used for building canvas apps. The app designer makes creating apps feel more like building a slide deck in Microsoft PowerPoint. More information: Generate an app from data
- App designer for model-driven apps lets you define the sitemap and add components to build a model-driven app. More information: Design model-driven apps using app designer
What is a connector?
- Enables communication between PowerApps and any publicly exposed set of APIs
- Anyone using PowerApps can use any of the available connectors
- PowerApps can act as a middle tier to enable communication between unrelated services
- Each connector offers a set of operations classified as ‘Actions’ and ‘Triggers’
#2 – BUILDING A NEW POWERAPP
4 Steps to Build a new PowerApp
#3 – SHARING YOUR APP
#4 – POWERAPP DEMO FOR DYNAMICS 365 BUSINESS CENTRAL
PowerApps Login https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/
Admin Page https://admin.powerapps.com/home
CREATE YOUR NEW MANUAL CUSTOM APP
- Create a NEW App
- Set an app name for saving in your local or cloud repository
CONFIGURE YOUR APP (COLOR, LAYOUT, STYLE, TYPE)
“SAVE AS” YOUR APP (in Local or in Cloud)
DEFINE A DATA CONNECTION – EXAMPLE FOR BUSINESS CENTRAL SAAS CONNECTOR
SELECT DATA SOURCE (FROM EXISTING CONNECTION)
- In this case from “CRONUS.IT” (DEMO DATABASE)
- Data Sources (Web Services Odata must be existing and defined previously)
DATA TABLE from DATA CONNECTIONS
… NOW YOU CAN BUILD AND CUSTOMIZE YOUR NEWAPP
APP WIZARD TEST: CONNECT TO “CUSTOMER ODATA” FROM APP WIZARD
- TO CREATE A NEW APP: SELECT CONNECTION > SELECT CUSTOMER TABLE (ODATA EXPOSED)
- WIZARD GENERATE A NEW APP… WAIT FOR COMPLETITION
- Is a Silent Wizard based on exposed Web services structure
EXAMPLE with “Customer” table object exposed as native connection, system triggers: Add Insert, Delete, Modify + Refresh button are available on Builded App.
Table “Customer” , Direct exposure
Page workflowCustomer a Web Services (Odata), Manual Exposure
… AND WAIT FOR COMPLETITION…
YOUR APP IS READY!
- CUSTOMER APP IS GENERATED AND READY TO USE, YOU CAN PERSONALIZE YOUR APP
C – MODIFY AND CUSTOMIZE YOUR APP
EXAMPLE: MODIFY\ADD NEW FIELDS
EXAMPLE: INSERT A “BUTTON” WITH CONDITIONS
BUTTON ON FORM WITH CONDITIONS (IF..THEN)
D- TEST YOUR APP: INSERT A NEW CUSTOMER OR DELETE A CUSTOMER
#5 – SOME NICE LINKS TO BUILD YOUR APPS!
Get started with PowerApps
Building a Custom Connectors
Nice Link from NAV Team Blog https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/nav/2018/07/05/create-apps-with-powerapps-and-dynamics-nav/
You are Welcome!