Undo Subcontracting Receipts
UNDO SUBCONTRACTING RECEIPTS
(STORNO OUTPUTS DA CONTO LAVORAZIONE)
In this post I want to talk about the possibility of UNDO posted receipts (OUTPUTS) for Production Orders related to Subcontracting Orders, a scenario widely used in Italy and currently managed by manual adjustments entries.
The purpose is to Create a procedure (a report in this case) to reverse the posted documents and entries, in case we had received by mistake a Purchase Order instead of another or you have received incorrect quantities.
Microsoft doesn’t want to implement this functionality (the undo operation exists only for Purchase Orders and not for Subcontracting Orders); In Microsoft Ideas, the request for this implementation was added a long time ago, obviously it is not considered interesting or could (as I believe) bring anomalies in item costing and in the reversal of consumptions if they are calculated cumulatively.
A SAMPLE SCENARIO
We received the wrong Subcontracting Purchase Order or we received a line by mistake:
- We have to UNDO the posted receipts: we need to fix the stocks in bins, fix the Production order, fix the Purchase order, fix Outputs and Consumptions and permit to create a new warehouse receipt.
- If the production order is already closed, you must use the “Reopen Production order” report already explained above (take a look in my blog for this), which solves the problem of being able to receive it again in the future.
**** DISCLAIMER ****
“This report could be useful to speed up the normal manual operations that would be performed to fix the entries; obviously there could be some anomalies in the item costing. It’s just a prototype, so it can be improved in all its parts, it could be a starting point.”
UNDO FLOW – SCHEMA
OPERATIVE STEPS IN DETAIL
// RS, UNDO Subcontractor Output, UNDO Consumptions and Fix Subcontractor Order quantities
//- Running Sequence – START
#1 – Reopen Production Order if Finished
#2 – Capacity Output Filters – Production Order\Posting Date\Purch. Order
#3 – Undo OUTPUTS entries in Item Journal Line — Batch ‘OUTPUT’, Reason Code ‘CORRCLAV’
#4 – Automatic OUTPUT Post
#5 – Undo CONSUMPTIONS entries in table Item Journal Line — Batch ‘CONSUMO’, Reason Code ‘CORRCLAV’
#6 – Automatic CONSUMPTION Post
#7 – Undo Subcontractors Orders (italian localized)
#8 – Reopen Subcontractor Purchase Order
#9 – Release Subcontractor Purchase Order
#10 – Creation of New Warehouse Receipts to receive the re-opened Production Order
## – YOU CAN USE a CUSTOM POSTING CODEUNIT (to Bypass “Posting Confirm”)
// UNDO Subcontractor Output e Consumptions
// -Sequence END
PERMISSIONS FOR TABLES
- You need to manage permissions for tables below
REPORT “Undo Subcontracting Receipts”
Report is Composed By:
- 3 DataItems, 1 for Capacity Ledger Entry, 1 for Consumptions on Item Ledger Entry, 1 for Purchase line (Subcontracting Order Line)
- UNDO operation is advisable to launch it per day (not per document), consumption may have been posted cumulative for more Production Orders.
FILTERS AVAILABLE IN REPORT
- Production Order, Output Date, Consumption Date, Subcontracting Order No.)
REPORT “Undo Subcontracting Receipts” in Action
- Prod. Order No.
- Output\Consumption Date
- Subcontracting Order No.
- Flags: Undo Output and Consumptions
You can find Source “.TXT” Report Object in my GitHub page
You can convert simply to AL.