New Business Central Books
Announcements: new books are coming!
is a fertile time for books on Business Central … there are 3 new titles available\scheduled…
- two are already available
- one is already on Pre-Order
I point out all three of them:
#1 – The first: “Programming Microsoft Dynamics Business Central – Sixth Edition”
I recommend it given the skill of the authors and the complete rewriting of the famous “Programming NAV book” from a complete Dynamics 365 Business Central and Microsoft AL perspective. I am also a reviewer of this book; thanks to Packt for this opportunity.
by Mark Brummel, David and Chris Studebaker
- Get to grip with programming using the AL language in the Visual Studio Code development environment
- Explore functional design and development using AL
- Build interactive pages and learn how to extract data for users
- Work with best practices to design and develop modifications for new functionality integrated with the standard Business Central software
- Get familiar with deploying the broad range of components available in a Create a robust, viable system to address specific business requirements
#2 – The second one: “Automated testing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central”
Very interesting, treats topics not yet covered in other works; “automated testing” in Business Central, innovative …. to have!
by Luc van Vugt
Mastering in “Automated testing in Dynamics 365 Central Business”
- Understand what automated tests are, and when and why to use them
- Explore the five pillars of the Testability Framework of Business Central
- Design and write automated tests for Business Central
- Make use of standard automated tests and their helper libraries
- Integrate automated tests into your development practice
#3 – The third: “Mastering Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central”
by Stefano Demiliani and Duilio Tacconi
A must … the authors (always precise and attentive to details) compete in a new relative work: “how to move existing solutions to the new extension-based architecture”, and how to master Source code control management… and other great tips!
- How to create a Sandbox environment with Dynamics 365 Business Central for development
- How to handle source control management when developing solutions for Dynamics 365 Business Central
- How to handle extension’s testing, debugging and deployment
- Create real-world business processes by using Dynamics 365 – Central Business and different Azure services.
- Integrate Dynamics 365 Business Central with external applications
- Moving existing solutions to the new extension-based architecture
ALL “Available” and “Coming Soon” Business Central books – “Business Central Query”
I suggested to Packt the creation of a Bundle on Business Central (given the numerous volumes available and soon to be released) … let’s see what they say.