Business Central Breaking Changes
For Business Central SaaS Customers,
it may happen that Microsoft sends a message like this, concerning the fact that the extensions installed will not be compatible with the next scheduled update (for example from v.14 to version v.15 Business Central Release Wave 2). Microsoft (to date) reports that the extensions installed, if them are not fixed within 90 days, will be deleted.
This is due to “Breaking Changes” – see this link https://github.com/microsoft/ALAppExtensions/blob/master/BREAKINGCHANGES.md
“In this help document, you will find a list of known changes that were introduced in the latest major release. You will also get help on the latest version of the Business Central System Application and Base Application. ”
At this point, there are some possibilities:
1) Review the Breaking Changes (upper the link) Make the minor change to the extension, compile the extension against the latest symbols for the major and minor application version the validation was run against, and perform the necessary tests.
2) Make the minor change to the extension, compile the extension against the latest symbols for the major and minor application version the validation was run against, and perform the necessary tests; In practice make them compatible to the future release, in this case it is necessary to test them again execute a re-factoring already on the new version (the symbols of the next version are already downloadable from VsCode\AL)
3) Uninstall the extension using the Extension Management page in Business Central prior to being updated to the next minor or major version.
4) Upload the extension using the Extension Management page in Business Central and select the appropriate version for which the updated extension is compatible. The extension will then be updated to this version immediately or during the next minor or major update. For more information, view Deploying a Tenant Customization
Extension is not required (no more…)
- Remove them
- Alternatively, try to understand what can be eliminated if not necessary.
Microsoft email – Example