The preview of Business Central 2022 Wave1 (release 20) was released and made available today; you can test it both Online and on Docker.
It is only possible to create Sandbox preview and non-production environments; the preview environments are for demonstration purposes only and to have their functionality tested, they are removed at most thirty days after the official release of the product.
Business Central Online Sandbox Environment
E: IT Localization
Business Central On-prem and Sandbox Artifacts Docker Distributions
You can use ready-made docker artifacts; in this case it is possible to directly use the repository dedicated to product previews.
Artifact Preview Distribution
Get-BCArtifactUrl -storageAccount BcPublicPreview
#Install\Update Last Container Helper Module
install-module BCContainerHelper -force
#Example for US localization
$BCPublicPreviewArtifactUrl = Get-BCArtifactUrl -storageAccount BcPublicPreview –country us –type Sandbox -select Latest #GET LAST US Sandbox Preview
$containerName = ‘bc20uspreview’ #LOWERCASE NAM
$password = ‘$Pass@ord!’
$securePassword = ConvertTo-SecureString -String $password -AsPlainText -Force
$credential = New-Object pscredential ‘admin’, $securePassword
$auth = ‘UserPassword’
# *** CREATE BC20 US PREVIEW CONTAINER FROM PREVIEW IMAGE
New-BCContainer -accept_eula -containerName $containerName -useSSL -Auth NavUserPassword -artifactUrl $BCPublicPreviewArtifactUrl -Credential $navcredential -assignPremiumPlan -dns ‘126.96.36.199’ -isolationhyperv -includeAL -updateHosts
Web Client BC2020Wave1
Feature Management.. a lot!!
IC Setup Page..
Performance profiler!!! …Client Monitor 2.0!!
Job picking… and warehouse..
BC 2022 Wave1 Preview – Some features to test….
- Finding documents and entries efficiently
- New capabilities for financial reporting with account schedules
- New UI for entering demand forecasts to add support for variant code and other improvements
- Context-aware links in the Help pane from Microsoft and partners
- Outlook add-in – add email attachments to Business Central records
- Demo tool and demo data for manufacturing scenarios
- Shopify connector
Projects & Jobs
- Report selection for projects
- Allow the sell-to and bill-to customers to be different for jobs
- Support inventory pick and warehouse pick operations for jobs
- Warehouse entries for jobs
For more details…