Today I want to talk to you about the integration of Business Central with Shopify, I tested the tool and I must say that in a few minutes you are online with both platforms and with a good integration. Sure there are many ecommerce platforms (B2C) available with related integrations but this one is very simple and ready to use.
Shopify Connector Features – Summary (BC2022Wave1 20.1)
What can we do?
Multiple Shopify shops connected to the same Business Central
- Each shop has its own setup, including a collection of products, locations used to calculate inventory, and prices lists.
Bi-directional synchronization of items/products
- Sync images, item variants, barcodes, vendor item numbers, extended texts, and tags.
- Export item attributes to Shopify.
- Use selected customer price groups and discounts to define prices exported to Shopify.
- Decide whether items can be created automatically or to only allow updates to existing products.
Synchronization of inventory levels
- Choose some or all of the available locations in Business Central.
- Update inventory levels on multiple locations in Shopify.
Bi-directional synchronization of customers
- Smart-map customers by phone and email.
- Use country-specific templates when creating customers, which helps ensure that tax settings are correct.
Import of Orders from Shopify
- Create customers on-the-fly, or use fixed retail customer to keep customer data in Shopify.
- Include orders created in other channels, such as Shopify POS or Amazon.
- Shipping costs, gift cards, tips, shipping and payment methods, transactions, and risk of fraud.
- Receive payout information from Shopify Payments.
Send fulfillment information to Shopify
- Include item tracking information.
TECHNOLOGY (BC2022Wave1 – 20.1)
“Connector” is an APP..
Business Central integrated Shopify Menù
Options \ features available:
- Gift Cards
- .. and more others pages\statistics etc.
My Demo Shopify Site, a site \ page for selling books (in this case I don’t sell anything but I only publish 2 references to existing books as items to sell).
To really sell, you need to activate a plan, there are different options and prices. If it is not activated, everything works correctly (including the data exchange interface) except the Checkout which obviously is not allowed.
Once the site is created, put something up for sale, we can test the integration between BC and Shopify.
From BC we can open Shopify -Shop
From this page we can configure everything, from the shops to the integration / data transfer methods.
By clicking on “ENABLE” you proceed to authorize the integration (API) between the systems (a bit like the connection to the Dataverse).
You can always check that everything works from the queues
After activation, you can proceed with synchronization (all or step by step with selection)
interesting is the section that allows you to rely on customer templates (as do other B2Cs)
Yes, you can GET your Location!
Different possibilities, view of the SKUs (also here similar to other B2C), prices, discounts, promotions etc.
EVERYTHING WORKS! in this case I kept Shopify as Master and import everything in BC (items, Customers, Orders).
Here are my books from Shopify!
there is a dedicated section for these Shopify articles and related statistics but they are also visible in the standard forms
You can integrate PowerAutomate to create your flows (in practice the connector is already based on Power Automate).
Manual launch \ Sync forcing
Sales Statistics (0 Sales in DEMO Mode)
You can not only consult but also download the data.