Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2022 Wave 2 preview (r.21)
The preview of Business Central 2022 Wave 2 (release 21) was released and made available today; you can test it both Online and on Docker.
It is only possible to create Sandbox preview and non-production environments; the preview environments are for demonstration purposes only and to have their functionality tested, they are removed at most thirty days after the official release of the product.
Business Central Online Sandbox Environment
E: US Localization
You are Welcome!
Business Central On-prem and Sandbox Artifacts Docker Distributions
You can use ready-made docker artifacts (see previous post); in this case it is possible to directly use the repository dedicated to product previews.
Example for US localization
#Install\Update Last Container Helper Module
install-module BCContainerHelper -force
$BCPublicPreviewArtifactUrl = Get-BCArtifactUrl -storageAccount BcPublicPreview –country us –type Sandbox -select Latest #GET LAST US Sandbox Preview
$containerName = 'bc21uspreview' #LOWERCASE NAM
$password = '$Pass@ord!'
$securePassword = ConvertTo-SecureString -String $password -AsPlainText -Force
$credential = New-Object pscredential 'admin', $securePassword
$auth = 'UserPassword'
# *** CREATE BC21 US PREVIEW CONTAINER FROM PREVIEW IMAGE
-containerName $containerName `
-credential $credential `
-auth $auth `
-artifactUrl $BCPublicPreviewArtifactUrl `
-imageName $containerName `
-dns '126.96.36.199' `
-memoryLimit 8G `
WHAT’S NEW AND AVAILABLE IN SEPTEMBER PREVIEW
In 2022 release wave 2, we deliver updates based on the most popular requests for improvement. We’ll invest in better reporting, and several improvements to the finance and supply chain areas.
This release continues investments in improving AL developer productivity in Visual Studio Code.
Governance and administration
Business Central 2022 release wave 2 delivers a set of admin and governance capabilities to help admins and IT pros set up, secure, manage, govern, and monitor customer environments.
Microsoft Power Platform
In 2022 release wave 2, we continue to improve the way Business Central integrates with Power Automate, Power Apps, Power Virtual Agents, and Dataverse. We also continue improving the integration with Power BI.
Onboarding is a key focus in every release wave. Better onboarding experiences allow customers to get started with Business Central in minimal time, with minimal friction. In this release wave, we focus on connectivity to third-party operational productivity services.
Productive with Microsoft 365
Empower SMBs to work smarter with collaborative experiences, tools, and insights within the flow of work.
In this release wave, we continue the work we introduced in the previous release wave for Excel layouts.
Improvements across the portfolio of clients for desktop and mobile devices.
Description of Enabled for column values:
- Users, automatically: These features include changes to the user experience and are enabled automatically.
- Admins, makers, marketers, or analysts, automatically: These features are meant to be used by administrators, makers, marketers, or business analysts and are enabled automatically.
- Users by admins, makers, or analysts: These features must be enabled or configured by the administrators, makers, or business analysts to be available for their users.
Item Track Line on Jobs
Financials Reporting (replacing Account Schedules)
Variant Code entries – mandatory
Page Inspection improved
View size of text, code fields in page inspection
One Drive Configuration
Administrators can access the OneDrive Setup guide in Business Central to specify which capabilities can connect to OneDrive for Business.
- Choose between enabling one, both, or none of the system and application integrations to OneDrive.
- For Business Central on-premises, this setup guide includes configuring the connection to OneDrive.
- The setup guide detects if the environment had been set up to use the legacy OneDrive or SharePoint integration, and it helps you switch to the newer OneDrive integration. As part of this change, we are announcing deprecation of the legacy SharePoint Connection Setup page and SharePoint integration capabilities.